With the deep analysis of the above alternatives, it is suggested that the company needs to pick the alternative 3 in order to preserve a competitive position in the long run. As the alternative 3 would allow the company to not only introduce new and ingenious items in the market it would also decrease the high expenditures on R&D under alternative 2 and increase the earnings margins. It would enable the company to increase its share rates also, as investors are willing to invest more in companies with significant R&D spending and boost in the overall worth of the business.
Action and implementation Strategy
Technique can be carried out efficiently by developing particular short-term as well as long term plans. These plans might be as follows;
Short Term Plan (0-1 year)
• Under the short-term strategy Dependable Equipment Ltd The Popcorn Predicament must perform numerous activities to execute its NHW strategy efficiently. These activities are as follows;.
• Get the audit of its brand name portfolio done, to examine the core selling brand names, which produce most of its profits.
• Evaluate the existing target market along with the market section which is not consist of in the business's circle.
• Evaluate the existing financial information to determine the amount that ought to be spent on the R&D and acquisitions.
• Analyze the possible investors and their nature, i.e. do they desire long term advantages (capital gain), or the desire early revenues (dividend). It would let the business to know that how much amount needs to be invested in R&D.
Mid Term Plan (1-5 years)
• Get those companies in which the company has prospective experience to deal with. Acquire most beneficial companies with a strong dedication to health, to develop the client's understandings in the best instructions.
• Focus more on acquisitions than R&D to build the base in the customer's mind about Dependable Equipment Ltd The Popcorn Predicament worths and vision and to prevent prospective danger of sunk cost.
Long Term Plan (1-10 years)
• Get organizations with health in addition to taste factor, as the base for the Dependable Equipment Ltd The Popcorn Predicament as a company producing healthy products has been developed under midterm plan and now the business might move towards taste aspect too to grasp the customers, which focus more on taste instead of health.
• Be more aggressive towards R&D than the acquisitions, as it is the considerable time to develop brand-new items.