With the deep analysis of the above options, it is suggested that the business must choose the alternative 3 in order to maintain a competitive position in the long run. As the alternative 3 would allow the business to not just introduce new and ingenious products in the market it would likewise minimize the high expenditures on R&D under alternative 2 and increase the revenue margins. It would enable the business to increase its share costs as well, as financiers are willing to invest more in companies with considerable R&D spending and boost in the overall worth of the company.
Action and implementation Strategy
Technique can be executed efficiently by establishing certain short term as well as long term plans. These plans might be as follows;
Short Term Plan (0-1 year)
• Under the short term strategy The University Of Notre Dame Endowment need to perform different activities to execute its NHW technique efficiently. These activities are as follows;.
• Get the audit of its brand portfolio done, to take a look at the core selling brands, which produce the majority of its earnings.
• Examine the current target audience in addition to the marketplace section which is not include in the company's circle.
• Evaluate the present financial data to determine the amount that ought to be spent on the R&D and acquisitions.
• Analyze the prospective investors and their nature, i.e. do they desire long term advantages (capital gain), or the desire early profits (dividend). It would let the company to understand that how much amount must be invested in R&D.
Mid Term Plan (1-5 years)
• Obtain those companies in which the business has prospective experience to deal with. Get most favorable companies with a strong dedication to health, to develop the consumer's perceptions in the ideal instructions.
• Focus more on acquisitions than R&D to build the base in the customer's mind about The University Of Notre Dame Endowment values and vision and to avoid prospective threat of sunk cost.
Long Term Plan (1-10 years)
• Obtain companies with health in addition to taste aspect, as the base for the The University Of Notre Dame Endowment as a company producing healthy items has actually been constructed under midterm strategy and now the company could move towards taste factor also to grasp the consumers, which focus more on taste rather than health.
• Be more aggressive towards R&D than the acquisitions, as it is the considerable time to develop new products.