With the deep analysis of the above alternatives, it is recommended that the business must select the alternative 3 in order to keep a competitive position in the long run. As the alternative 3 would make it possible for the business to not only present brand-new and innovative items in the market it would also minimize the high expenses on R&D under alternative 2 and increase the earnings margins. It would make it possible for the company to increase its share rates also, as financiers want to invest more in business with significant R&D spending and boost in the overall worth of the company.
Action and implementation Strategy
Strategy can be carried out effectively by developing certain short term along with long term plans. These plans could be as follows;
Short Term Plan (0-1 year)
• Under the short-term strategy Touchdown Footwear On A Slippery Slope ought to carry out various activities to execute its NHW method efficiently. These activities are as follows;.
• Get the audit of its brand name portfolio done, to take a look at the core selling brand names, which produce most of its revenue.
• Examine the current target audience in addition to the marketplace sector which is not include in the company's circle.
• Analyze the current financial information to determine the quantity that ought to be spent on the R&D and acquisitions.
• Analyze the prospective financiers and their nature, i.e. do they want long term advantages (capital gain), or the desire early profits (dividend). It would let the company to know that how much quantity needs to be spent on R&D.
Mid Term Plan (1-5 years)
• Acquire those companies in which the company has prospective experience to deal with. Obtain most favorable companies with a strong commitment to health, to develop the customer's perceptions in the right direction.
• Focus more on acquisitions than R&D to build the base in the consumer's mind about Touchdown Footwear On A Slippery Slope values and vision and to avoid potential risk of sunk cost.
Long Term Plan (1-10 years)
• Acquire companies with health in addition to taste factor, as the base for the Touchdown Footwear On A Slippery Slope as a company producing healthy products has been built under midterm strategy and now the company could move towards taste element also to understand the customers, which focus more on taste rather than health.
• Be more aggressive towards R&D than the acquisitions, as it is the considerable time to develop brand-new items.