With the deep analysis of the above options, it is recommended that the business must choose the alternative 3 in order to keep a competitive position in the long run. As the alternative 3 would allow the company to not only present new and ingenious products in the market it would also decrease the high expenses on R&D under alternative 2 and increase the revenue margins. It would allow the business to increase its share costs too, as investors want to invest more in business with considerable R&D costs and increase in the overall worth of the company.
Action and implementation Strategy
Method can be executed effectively by developing specific short term in addition to long term plans. These strategies could be as follows;
Short Term Plan (0-1 year)
• Under the short term strategy From Correlation To Causation should perform various activities to execute its NHW strategy effectively. These activities are as follows;.
• Get the audit of its brand name portfolio done, to analyze the core selling brand names, which create most of its income.
• Examine the existing target market as well as the marketplace sector which is not consist of in the company's circle.
• Analyze the current financial data to determine the amount that needs to be spent on the R&D and acquisitions.
• Examine the possible investors and their nature, i.e. do they desire long term advantages (capital gain), or the desire early profits (dividend). It would let the business to know that how much amount must be spent on R&D.
Mid Term Plan (1-5 years)
• Get those organizations in which the company has possible experience to handle. Acquire most favorable companies with a strong dedication to health, to develop the customer's perceptions in the right direction.
• Focus more on acquisitions than R&D to develop the base in the consumer's mind about From Correlation To Causation values and vision and to prevent prospective threat of sunk expense.
Long Term Plan (1-10 years)
• Obtain companies with health in addition to taste element, as the base for the From Correlation To Causation as a company producing healthy items has been developed under midterm plan and now the company might move towards taste aspect as well to comprehend the customers, which focus more on taste rather than health.
• Be more aggressive towards R&D than the acquisitions, as it is the considerable time to build new items.