With the deep analysis of the above alternatives, it is suggested that the business must pick the alternative 3 in order to keep a competitive position in the long run. As the alternative 3 would make it possible for the business to not just present new and ingenious products in the market it would also lower the high expenses on R&D under alternative 2 and increase the profit margins. It would make it possible for the business to increase its share costs as well, as financiers are willing to invest more in companies with considerable R&D spending and increase in the overall worth of the business.
Action and implementation Strategy
Method can be carried out successfully by establishing certain short-term in addition to long term strategies. These plans might be as follows;
Short Term Plan (0-1 year)
• Under the short term plan Yale University Investments Office November 1997 ought to carry out numerous activities to implement its NHW strategy efficiently. These activities are as follows;.
• Get the audit of its brand name portfolio done, to examine the core selling brands, which generate the majority of its profits.
• Evaluate the existing target market as well as the marketplace section which is not consist of in the business's circle.
• Analyze the current financial information to measure the amount that needs to be invested in the R&D and acquisitions.
• Analyze the potential investors and their nature, i.e. do they desire long term benefits (capital gain), or the want early revenues (dividend). It would let the company to understand that just how much amount needs to be spent on R&D.
Mid Term Plan (1-5 years)
• Obtain those companies in which the company has possible experience to deal with. Get most beneficial companies with a strong commitment to health, to build the customer's understandings in the ideal direction.
• Focus more on acquisitions than R&D to develop the base in the customer's mind about Yale University Investments Office November 1997 values and vision and to avoid potential danger of sunk expense.
Long Term Plan (1-10 years)
• Obtain companies with health along with taste aspect, as the base for the Yale University Investments Office November 1997 as a company producing healthy items has been built under midterm strategy and now the business could move towards taste element as well to understand the customers, which focus more on taste rather than health.
• Be more aggressive towards R&D than the acquisitions, as it is the substantial time to construct brand-new products.