With the deep analysis of the above alternatives, it is recommended that the business should choose the alternative 3 in order to keep a competitive position in the long run. As the alternative 3 would allow the business to not only present new and ingenious products in the market it would also decrease the high expenses on R&D under alternative 2 and increase the earnings margins. It would allow the company to increase its share rates too, as investors are willing to invest more in business with considerable R&D costs and increase in the total worth of the business.
Action and implementation Strategy
Method can be executed efficiently by developing particular short-term as well as long term plans. These strategies might be as follows;
Short Term Plan (0-1 year)
• Under the short-term strategy Davis Lloyd Young Donovan should perform different activities to execute its NHW strategy efficiently. These activities are as follows;.
• Get the audit of its brand name portfolio done, to analyze the core selling brand names, which create the majority of its revenue.
• Examine the present target market in addition to the market segment which is not consist of in the company's circle.
• Examine the present financial information to measure the quantity that should be spent on the R&D and acquisitions.
• Evaluate the potential financiers and their nature, i.e. do they desire long term advantages (capital gain), or the want early earnings (dividend). It would let the business to know that how much amount needs to be spent on R&D.
Mid Term Plan (1-5 years)
• Acquire those organizations in which the business has prospective experience to handle. Obtain most favorable companies with a strong commitment to health, to develop the consumer's perceptions in the right instructions.
• Focus more on acquisitions than R&D to construct the base in the consumer's mind about Davis Lloyd Young Donovan values and vision and to avoid possible risk of sunk expense.
Long Term Plan (1-10 years)
• Obtain organizations with health in addition to taste aspect, as the base for the Davis Lloyd Young Donovan as a company producing healthy products has actually been built under midterm plan and now the company might move towards taste factor also to grasp the customers, which focus more on taste rather than health.
• Be more aggressive towards R&D than the acquisitions, as it is the considerable time to build brand-new products.